*Picture May Be Coming*
Hey! We’re finally back with another Recipe! This time, we’re going to have Ryan attempt to create Penne Lasagna! And yes, my Mom gave us this one. She gave us a lot of these over time obviously, since everyone lets me do the Recipes.
tsp = teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
lbs = Pounds
Mince = chop into very small pieces
Diced = You chop the thing into roughly square like shapes
Cubed = Actually what it says, cut the ingredients into rough cubes, much bigger than diced
Sliced = Cut into thin broad strips (usually circles)
Chopped = to cut into small pieces with repeated blows
Al Dente = Pasta and/or Vegetables, Rice or Beans that are cooked to be firm to the bite. – Another way to put it is that it’s cooked but not fully cooked
Saute = cook with oil
Fold = Mix the ingredients by scooping the bottom of the mix onto the top of the mix.
Reserve = Hold on/Don’t discard. Usually a liquid that is normally considered waste.
- 1.5 lbs of Ground Beef (Lean so 80/20 [20% fat)
- Half of a Large Onion – Chopped
- Half of an Orange or Red Bell Pepper – Chopped
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 tsp of Salt – Also Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp of Dry Oregano
- 1 Can of Stewed Dice Tomatoes
- 1 Box of Penne Noodles – 1lb
- 1 Jar of Prego Mushroom Sauce [Mushroom flavored spaghetti sauce]
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- 2 Medium pots
- Lasagna Pan
- Oven – Heated to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit (350 Degrees Fahrenheit for Convection)
- Measure Utensils
- PAM/Non-Stick Spray
Part 1 – The Meat Sauce
- Spice the ground beef with salt and oregano
- Saute the ground beef in the medium pot until brown
- Add the onion, bell pepper, carrots, and onions to the meat.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Can of Stewed Diced Tomatoes and Spaghetti Sauce.
- Cook for 20 minutes with cover on. Stir Occasionally.
Part 2 – The Noodles
- Boil the Penne Noodles for 6 minutes in salted water
- Drain and add a small amount of Olive Oil to prevent sticking
Part 3 – Building the Lasagna
- Spray Pam on the Lasagna Pan
- Layer 1: Add about 1/3rd the Meat Sauce, make sure to coat the bottom
- Layer 2: Add 1/2 the Penne
- Layer 3: Add about 1/3rd the Meat Sauce and sprinkle 1/2 the Mozzarella Cheese on top
- Layer 4: Add the Remaining 1/2 of Penne
- Layer 5: Add the last remaining 1/3rd the Meat Sauce and sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese on top
- Bake for 20 mins
- Remove from the Oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake for 10 more minutes